Dr. Edisa Tokovic Padder, MD, FAAP
Pediatrics, Sport Medicine Specialist
- Dr. Edisa Tokovic Padder completed medical school at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI.
- She completed her pediatric training at Children's National Medical Center, one of the nation's top ranked Children's Hospitals.
- Dr. Padder has served on Maryland's committee for childhood obesity and was also recently appointed to be the American Academy of Pediatrics contact for Maryland's child care and early education programs.
- During medical school, she spent endless hours volunteering at a free clinic and teaching science to children living in poverty. In 2006, she was elected to The Gold Humanism Honor Society and she received The Cheryl H. Hack, MD Pediatric Award.
- During her residency, she has developed award winning workshop teaching children and their families how to read food labels in order to make healthy food choices. She has also implemented multiple Quality Improvement (QI) projects at Children's Health Center, including developing hypertension screening algorithm and initiation of nutrition surveys for families during well visits.
- She has done special training from the Center for Mind-Body Medicine in order to integrate food as medicine in her clinical practice.
- Dr. Padder has worked at Takoma Park Pediatrics prior to starting her own practice in Howard County.
- She is a member of medical staff at Howard County General Hospital.
- Her interests include developmental screening, sports medicine, adolescent health and promoting early literacy.
- She is an author of the Children's Health and Wellness blog.